From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 21:06:49

[Just got here at home from the office... sorry for the delay]

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje
> At 05:28 PM 1/21/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> >What the heck is plink?
> >Forget about that; all you need is cvs -d:ext:...
>
> Dave, I think Fernando is following the new SourceForge docs, which use a
> different set of support programs than were recommended by the old docs.

Exactly!

> Fernando, do you have pageant running when you try to access CVS?

Yes. I tried with and without pageant.

pageant itself appeared to be properly working though; it accepted my
passphrase without problems.

> I recently set up CVS on a new machine, and did fine just by carefully
> following the SourceForge docs step-by-step.

Hmm... I've found the SourceForge docs actually quite incomplete :-)
But I've never done anything like this before so I was sort of lost when
reading it.
(For example, the SF docs mention: "cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost",
while the boost site docs says: "cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost")

But I might been looking at the wrong place; could you post the link
to the docs you were following?

TIA,

Fernando Cacciola [home]