From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 21:16:25

[Just got here at home from the office... sorry for the delay]

"William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje

> Fernando Cacciola said:
>
> > Here's a description of my configuration and attempts
> > in case someone can help me (hint hint...)
> >
> > - Windows98
> > - cvs95.exe version: 1.11.4
> > - WinCVS.exe version: 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 Build 1
> > - PuTTY 0.53b
> >
> > * I have checked out boost this morning on a local working
> > directory using pserver (user) access.
> >
> > * I have generated and uploaded SSH2 Authentification keys.
>
> It can take several hours for these to take effect.

Yes I know...
during the day, I recieved the message "Server didn't accept our key" after
I logged in,
but much latter it stopped, so I figured that the keys were finally uploaded
at SF.
But the strange thing is that it kept asking me for a password :-0

> > * I have copied the optional files to my local repository (CVS HOME)
> >
> > ----------
> > Attempt 1:
> > ==========
> >
> > If I run putty.exe with pageant running with the key loaded,
> > and configured as:
> >
> > Host Name: cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost
> > Protocol: SSH2 (Port 22)
> > Autologin: fcacciola (which is my SourceForge User ID)
> >
> > and click on 'Open', I'm asked for the password.
> > If I enter my SourceForge account password, I get a message saying
> > something like:
> >
> > "welcome to SurceForge.net. This is a restricted shell.
> > You cannot execute anything here."
> >
> > And the conncetion is automatically closed.
> > So PuTTY is a dead end...
>
> No, it's not. This is to be expected. Once the keys you uploaded to
> sourceforge take effect, you'll no longer be asked for a password, but
> you'll still be ejected after a successful connect.

I see.

> > Attempt 3:
> > ==========
> >
> > In a DOS box:
> >
> > plink.exe cvs.boost.sourceforge.net -l fcacciola -pw <pass>
> > cvs -d:ext:fcacciola_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost -z3 add
> > optional.hpp
> >
> > after a few seconds I'm stuck there: there is no output but plink.exe
> > keeps running...
>
> On the DOS prompt make sure you have your PATH configured to find cvs.exe
> (installed by WinCVS).
I did.
BTW, I'm using cvs95.exe (which I renamed cvs.exe) instead since I'm running
Win98, not WinNT.
I assume it's just the same.

> Try checking out the boost CVS repository using
> the "ext SSH" protocol by doing the following:
>
> c:> set CVS_RSH=plink
> c:> set PLINK_PROTOCOL=ssh
> c:> set CVSROOT=:ext:fcacciola_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost
> c:> cvs -z3 co boost

Aha... I did just the same but without the PLINK_PROTOCOL=ssh
I'll try it.

> Here's a fairly good document on all of this:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/Komodo/komodo-doc-scc.ht
ml.

> Another solution would be to use Cygwin instead, which enables you to use
> the better documented "Unix" documentation for sourceforge access.

Yes... this is what David suggested and what I'll most likely end up doing.

Fernando Cacciola [home]