From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-24 16:38:20

--- Paul Mensonides <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> (I don't think that he means undefined behavior as far as the compiler is
> concerned, but I haven't been following this thread closely so I might be
> wrong.)
>
> [..]You can also try to
> handle border case situations like this one if at all possible, but you
> can't always guarantee in the documentation that the border cases will
> always work with every compiler.

But John was referring to his ISO proposal, not to the boost code. Actually I
did think the proposal required support on the compiler part (I haven't read
it), but it seems that it is intended to be implementable as pure C++ code
instead. I would go reading it, but John has announced a new version so I think
its better waiting for that and forget about the old one.

Genny.