From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-24 19:51:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugo Duncan" <hugoduncan_at_[hidden]>

> Maybe my use of ITERATE is slightly different, in that I am using
> it to include a LIST of files. The LIST provides a single
> integration point. Hoisting all the includes reduces the utility
> of using ITERATE.

Ah, okay, I see what your saying. You cannot use the file-iteration
mechanism this way without near explicit collaboration with the files that
your are "including." The problems involved are not as easy to solve as
you're are suggesting (see my other post in response to Aleksey).

At one point in the past, however, I wrote a mechanism explicitly for
including a set of files. It was intended to "shorthand" the process of
including a lot of files from the same library. Something like:

#define BOOST_PP_HEADERS \
    (boost/preprocessor,
(tuple/elem.hpp)(repetition/repeat.hpp)(list/adt.hpp)) \
    /**/

#include BOOST_PP_ANGLED_INCLUDE()

(I had BOOST_PP_QUOTED_INCLUDE as well.) I'd be happy to add such a
mechanism, but I'd like to hear what people want from the mechanism and any
thoughts on syntactic issues, etc..

Paul Mensonides