From: Hugo Duncan (hugoduncan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-27 09:24:01

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:51:47 -0800, "Paul Mensonides" <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The problems involved are not as easy to solve as
> you're are suggesting (see my other post in response to Aleksey).

Thanks for the explaination - I don't consider any advanced use of
the preprocessor "easy" - I am just happy to use a library that
does all the difficult bits :-)

> At one point in the past, however, I wrote a mechanism explicitly for
> including a set of files. It was intended to "shorthand" the process of
> including a lot of files from the same library. Something like:
>
> #define BOOST_PP_HEADERS \
> (boost/preprocessor,
> (tuple/elem.hpp)(repetition/repeat.hpp)(list/adt.hpp)) \
> /**/
>
> #include BOOST_PP_ANGLED_INCLUDE()
>
> (I had BOOST_PP_QUOTED_INCLUDE as well.) I'd be happy to add such a
> mechanism, but I'd like to hear what people want from the mechanism and any
> thoughts on syntactic issues, etc..

BOOST_PP_xx_INCLUDE( directory, list_of_filenames_with_paths ) is
good as long as directory can be empty, for the case where the filenames have
different paths.

The other problem that I have when using this is that it removes
dependencies for the build process. To solve this, the files can
be preprocess. Is there a standard toolset/method for preprocessing
header files ?

Hugo