From: k.takahashi (kohske_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-27 11:40:10

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:21:36 -0500
Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At 09:12 AM 1/26/2003, k.takahashi wrote:
>
> >Now, we intend to translate boost library document into Japanese, and
> >publish them on the web.
>
> Wonderful!

Thanks.

> >Then, we want to ask you some points.
> >
> >First, are there any problems about license or copylight?
> >For example, sholed we require permission of each author/developer
> >of each library for translation?
>
> As Doug Gregor has already pointed out, there should be no problems as long
> as you leave the copyright messages in place.
>
> >Second, should we report details of our work of translation to boost
> >commitee? If so, where sholud we report?
> >
> >At first, do I post this kind of message to correct commitee?
> >Is there more correct mailing list, etc. to discuss this kind of issue?
>
> While there isn't any need to report details, it might be useful if you
> reported progress every few months.

I see. I will post regularlly some report here about our project.

> Also, please be sure to let us know the URL once the web site is up. We
> will have someone who reads Japanese take a look, and assuming it is a
> reasonable effort will add a link from the main web site.

Ok, when we publisa the boost document of Japanese edition, then I
announce the URL. Adding a link to there will be very good motivation
for us!!

Now, our project goes on cppll ML, which is Japanese mailing list of platform-independent
discussion about C++ laungage and library. So, of course, boost is often discussed.
The official URL: http://www.freeml.com/ctrl/html/MLInfoForm/cppll but
this page is written in Japanese, sorry.

I am very glad to meet you, and boost.

thanks.

--
k.takahashi <kohske_at_[hidden]>