From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-26 20:21:36

At 09:12 AM 1/26/2003, k.takahashi wrote:

>Now, we intend to translate boost library document into Japanese, and
>publish them on the web.

Wonderful!

>Then, we want to ask you some points.
>
>First, are there any problems about license or copylight?
>For example, sholed we require permission of each author/developer
>of each library for translation?

As Doug Gregor has already pointed out, there should be no problems as long
as you leave the copyright messages in place.

>Second, should we report details of our work of translation to boost
>commitee? If so, where sholud we report?
>
>At first, do I post this kind of message to correct commitee?
>Is there more correct mailing list, etc. to discuss this kind of issue?

While there isn't any need to report details, it might be useful if you
reported progress every few months.

Also, please be sure to let us know the URL once the web site is up. We
will have someone who reads Japanese take a look, and assuming it is a
reasonable effort will add a link from the main web site.

Good luck,

--Beman