From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-29 12:37:14

"David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> writes:

| "Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| > [...]
| > More accurately, there are *two* notions being considered:
| >
| > 1) typedef template;
| > 2) template aliasing -- the thingy Andrei is missing.
|
| Could you clue us in on the current consensus?

There is no formal vote about these thingies yet.

| You would still express 2) using template typedefs, right?

Not really. A (very convincing) argument made by Daveed Vandevoorde
is to get rid of the keyword "typedef" when one talks about "template
aliasing" because that does not introduce any type-name: Rather it
introduces a template-name, synonymous for a family of type-names.
You may say

    template<typename T>
       Vec = std::vector<T, MyAlloc<T> >;

| Is it possible or likely that the
| proposal
| will be altered to be more inclusive?

Oh well, I believe we're very far from any actual definitive form of
"template typedef" or "template aliasing".

-- Gaby