From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-02 11:36:01

At 05:37 PM 2/1/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:

>On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 10:49 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> At 12:39 PM 2/1/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:
>>
>> >< cat regress.log | $process_jam_log
>> >---

>> >Finally, I wonder why I need the sixth change. How does this work on
>> >other platforms? Is there an easier fix?
>>
>> I can answer that one. If process_jam_log is given no argument, it
>> assumes it is being run from some directory within the boost directory
>> tree, and starts recursing upward looking for boost-root. (It assumes
>> any directory with a sub-directory named "libs" is the boost-root.)
>> That mechanism is probably at play in the script.
>>
>> Specifying a directory argument is particularly useful if
>> ALL_LOCATE_TARGET is being used to place the test targets someplace
>> outside of the boost-root tree, which is a good idea.
>
>Since I run it from within the boost directory tree, it probably fails
>to find it automatically on the Cray. Is that a bug I should
>investigate further?

Maybe. First tell me what the output is from the messages that
process_jam_log outputs soon after it starts. The lines that create the
messages begin about line 366 in the source file:

   std::cout << "boost_root: " << boost_root.string() << '\n'
             << "locate_root: " << locate_root.string() << '\n';

Thanks,

--Beman