From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-03 03:10:41

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 05:36 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 05:37 PM 2/1/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:

> on
> >>
> >> I can answer that one. If process_jam_log is given no argument, it
> >> assumes it is being run from some directory within the boost
> directory
> >> tree, and starts recursing upward looking for boost-root. (It
> assumes
> >> any directory with a sub-directory named "libs" is the boost-root.)
> >> That mechanism is probably at play in the script.
> >>
> >> Specifying a directory argument is particularly useful if
> >> ALL_LOCATE_TARGET is being used to place the test targets someplace
> >> outside of the boost-root tree, which is a good idea.
> >
> >Since I run it from within the boost directory tree, it probably fails
> >to find it automatically on the Cray. Is that a bug I should
> >investigate further?
>
> Maybe. First tell me what the output is from the messages that
> process_jam_log outputs soon after it starts. The lines that create
> the messages begin about line 366 in the source file:
>
> std::cout << "boost_root: " << boost_root.string() << '\n'
> << "locate_root: " << locate_root.string() << '\n';

I get the following message:

prompt$
../tools/regression/build/bin/process_jam_log/cray/release/
process_jam_log
Usage: bjam [bjam-args] | process_jam_log [locate-root]
   locate-root is the same as the bjam ALL_LOCATE_TARGET
   parameter, if any. Default is boost-root.
boost_root: /u/ph/troyer/boost
locate_root: /u/ph/troyer/boost

I thus added $boost_root to the command. Was that unnecessary, since as
the output shows it seems to find boost_root? In that case I am
confused why it prints a usage message.

Matthias