From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-04 17:06:02

Dear Boosters,

I have run the regression tests on a Cray SV1 system using the Cray C++
3.6 compiler and posted the results on
http://www.comp-phys.org/boost/cs-sn9626.html

I have not looked at all the problems yet and will do so when I find
time. For now I have posted it just in case that someone (such as a
library author) is interested.

  One of the problems is that there is no int16_t type on the Cray SV1
and other vector machines (with the exception of the newly announced X1
on which int16_t exists but is very slow). Thus it might be good to add
a BOOST_NO_INT16_T macro in analogy to the BOOST_NO_INT64_T macro.

Another problem is that the type long long exists but is not supported
by the standard library (e.g. the operator <<(std::ostream&, long long)
is not defined). Since long and long long are both 64 bit there is
actually no need to ever use long long. I'll have to check why long
long is used in some of the tests.

There are a few other places where I guess that there is a compiler
problem, since I do believe that most of the boost code should be
standard conforming. Any comments by the experts are welcome.

Matthias