From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-05 08:56:01

> Another problem is that the type long long exists but is not supported
> by the standard library (e.g. the operator <<(std::ostream&, long long)
> is not defined). Since long and long long are both 64 bit there is
> actually no need to ever use long long. I'll have to check why long
> long is used in some of the tests.

The lack of support of standard library functions associated with
long long is a problem on other platforms and other functions (eg:
std::abs). This has been a headache for me using the int64_t in
date-time.

So I presume that the boost::int64_t is typedefed to long
for the Cray now? Curiously the one failure for date-time
was in handling of big time durations. The failure is
probably an overflow problem, which can happen if you try
to use a plain 32-bit integer to get nano-second resolutions
and large time durations. Nano-second resolution is the default
configuration for the library and it normally uses a 64-bit
type for efficient calculation...

Jeff