From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-05 05:42:49

Le mer 05/02/2003 à 10:27, Matthias Troyer a écrit :

> It seems that on all Crays the macros CRAY and cray are defined. If one
> wants to be machine specific, we got this information recently:
>
> On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 05:58 PM, Dan Gohman wrote:
> > On the Cray T3D, Cray T3E, and Cray SV1, _CRAYT3D, _CRAYT3E, and
> > _CRAYSV1 are defined.
> >
> > On the Cray X1, __crayx1 is defined, short is 16 bits (don't use it
> > for int_fast16_t, though), int is 32 bits, and long is 64 bits.
>
> Until I get access to one of the new X1 machines and can test the
> differences I would propose to just use the CRAY or cray macro.

>From
http://www.cray.com/craydoc/manuals/004-2179-003/html-004-2179-003/zfixedt0xpvi4i.html
it seems _CRAYC and _RELEASE are more specifically helpful to identify
the compiler itself, rather than the machine.

since _CRAYC is just 0 or 1, it might be wise to define a BOOST_CRAYC
taking the value of _RELEASE whenever _CRAYC is nonzero, and use it in
BOOST_WORKAROUNDs in the same way as other compiler macros.

--
Samuel