From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-05 05:44:43

Le lun 03/02/2003 à 17:43, Yitzhak Sapir a écrit :
> I use MSVC6.5 and STLPort.
>
> Well, now it seems to work, except:
> 1) I don't have wformat defined, and I need to define it myself. I
> can see the bunch of defines that go into deciding this in the
> config, and I'm not sure why in the end boost::format concludes
> that because there's a using ::x compiler bug
> (BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE), that means I can't have
> boost::wformat.

well, format makes that decision based on
BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING and BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF :

#if !defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING) && !defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF)
typedef basic_format<wchar_t > wformat;
#endif

Are you saying those macros are defined, in boost/config, according to
BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE ?

> 2) When I define wformat as:
> typedef boost::basic_format<wchar_t> wformat;
> I get:
> c:\boost\boost_cvs\boost\format\format_fwd.hpp(29) : error C2065: 'charT' : undeclared identifier
> on this line:
> template<class charT, class Traits = BOOST_IO_STD char_traits<charT> > class basic_format;
>
> But these are minor.

it's quite strange that this line works with basic char, and not
wchar_t..
maybe wchar_t really is a strange faked type on your platform, that
causes all kinds of trouble ?

> I'm not sure why it didn't work before.

well, I had just made a few minor modifications into CVS to make format
more robust versus locale being here or not, so it certainly might have
solved some of the issues you faced.

--
Samuel