From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-05 13:16:54

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Bjorn Karlsson and I are wondering if Boost should require copyrights on
> Jamfiles.

Jamfiles are part of the build system; they won't become part of
a an executable. So everything is fine when a vendor ships a
binary or a DLL.

However, when Boost is incorporated to some other open source
project, missing copyrights and licences might become a problem.

Moreover, copyright statements hinder evil-doers to wrongfully
claim ownership.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm just guessing, bit I think we should
put copyrights into Jamfiles, Makefiles and the like as well.

Regards,

- What's on at your local cinema?