From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-06 09:05:20

Peter Dimov wrote:

> intrusive_ptr will be "official" (read: I finally wrote something resembling
> a documentation) in the upcoming 1.30. But that's not my point. My point is
> that you need an intrusive smart pointer. Of course shared_ptr cannot offer

I know I needed an intrusive smart pointer, the question was how to get
it. For Loki, it took me some time to figure out some details on how to
write the correct policy and it then worked fine. For boost, I only
found the solution for shared_ptr and was surprised to see the object
growing that much.

> this with its non-intrusive design. It never attempted to. The optional
> intrusive counting "feature" (that's been removed) was offered only as a
> potential solution to the "shared from this" problem.

I understand. Well, I think I should then try to add intrusive_ptr to my
benchmark and see how it performs :)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology