From: Brian Gray (briangray_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-12 14:32:06

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 05:53 AM, Phil Nash wrote:
> Anyone who was working on it - what's the current state of play? The
> flurry
> of mail on here a while back seemed to fizzle out. Is that because
> development has stalled?

I was going to chime in. I found the project docs at
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/
wiki.pl?BoostSocket , but could not find an email address for contact.
I can help with the design, though I'd probably cause fewer arguments
as an implementor (why oh why does everyone always want to shoehorn UDP
datagrams into a std::iostream interface?).

Anyway, I've got many years experience on true BSD Sockets as well as
close-enough APIs (WinSock, BeOS Network Kit) and proprietary designs
like Apple's OpenTransport. I'm currently only set up to do
implementation tasks on Mac and Windows, but if necessary could install
Linux on one of my PCs.

Whoever is organizing the Boost Sockets effort, feel free to contact me
personally, and we can talk about what needs getting done.

  -- Brian Gray
  -- briangray_at_[hidden]