From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-13 20:48:28

At 08:17 PM 2/13/2003, Beman Dawes wrote:
>At 05:12 PM 2/13/2003, Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:
>
> >> However, problems with Boost.Test broke a lot of Metrowerks tests.
> >
> >For some reason I could not locate Metrowerks compilation errors on
Test
> >Status page. As for Metrowerks linking errors I have a suspicion that
it
> >has something to do with Metrowerks toolset.
> >
> >Also I could not locate errors from errors_handling_test. I fixed it in
> >last update and it should work now (At least it works for me on 4 win32
> >compilers using bjam)
> >The same with result_report_test.
>
>Hum. I'll try clearing out old bin files and see if that helps.

No, it is some sort of configuration problem.

The linker is looking for a symbol __CrtSetReportHook (see below).

This is part of the Windows SDK, which Metrowerks does support. It looks
like for some reason, the library isn't being found.

My MWWinx86Libraries setup looks like this:

MWWinx86Libraries=+C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\MSL;+C:\Program
Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Win32-x86 Support;

I changed it to the following:

MWWinx86Libraries=+C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\MSL;+C:\Program
Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Win32-x86 Support;+C:\Program
Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\Win32-x86 Support\Libraries\Win32 SDK;

But still no luck.

Any Metrowerks experts out there?

--Beman

     mwld -search -maxerrors 5 -maxwarnings 20 -export dllexport
-nowraplines -g -subsystem console -o
"d:\boost-regr\libs\filesystem\test\bin\operations_test.test\cwpro8\debug\runtime-link-dynamic\operations_test.exe"
@"d:\boost-regr\libs\filesystem\test\bin\operations_test.test\cwpro8\debug\runtime-link-dynamic\operations_test.CMD"

### mwld Linker Error:
# Undefined symbol: '__declspec(dllimport) __CrtSetReportHook
(__imp___CrtSetReportHook)'
# referenced from 'int boost::execution_monitor::execute(bool, int)
(?execute_at_execution_monitor_at_boost@@QAEH_NH_at_Z)' in execution_monitor.cpp:192

Errors caused tool to abort.