From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 16:55:21

Greg Colvin wrote:

>And I don't see a problem with adding constructors to
>scoped_ptr that support custom deallocation, especially
>since C++ has no 'finally' construct.

Although someone mentioned this earlier, I have not seen it reiterated
-- if the size of scoped_ptr grows to more than just the pointer itself,
I can not use it. I imagine that others also need it to remain simple,
at least in this respect.

If someone adds anything to scoped_ptr or scoped_array that increases
its size, I hope he/she will give it a new name, so that I can continue
to use the current classes.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]