From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 17:48:34

Richard Hadsell wrote:

> Although someone mentioned this earlier, I have not seen it reiterated
> -- if the size of scoped_ptr grows to more than just the pointer itself,
> I can not use it. I imagine that others also need it to remain simple,
> at least in this respect.
>
> If someone adds anything to scoped_ptr or scoped_array that increases
> its size, I hope he/she will give it a new name, so that I can continue
> to use the current classes.

I am curious why the size of scoped_ptr matters so much?

I certainly worry about the size of shared_ptr as I may store many of
them in containers. However, this is not possible with scoped_ptr so I
am curious about usage where size might still matter? [Whenever I think
I have the hang of these things, someone goes and points out the obvious
case I'm missing! The more you look into smart pointer, the more you
understand why the debates never end!!]

--
AlisdairM