From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-07 16:16:59

At 03:49 PM 3/7/2003, Howard Hinnant wrote:

>On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 03:33 AM, Daryle Walker wrote:
>> I've attached the project I used, so maybe some Metrowerks expert can
>> find the "obvious" thing I forgot (or maybe it's actually a
>> misconfiguration, or [worse] a bug).
>
>I'm a Metrowerks expert, but not a boost expert. Your project is set
>up to use MSL C which correctly puts ptrdiff_t into namespace std. The
>above code can't find ::ptrdiff_t because <cstddef> only defined
>std::ptrdiff_t.
>
>It looks to me like BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is being mistakenly defined
>somewhere.

Daryle,

Try compiling libs/config/config_info.cpp and running it. The output will
tell you what the configuration looks like. It will identify the platform,
compiler, library, and the important macros defined for each. Look for
macros which are obviously wrong, such as BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE.

HTH,

--Beman