From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-08 07:28:26

At 02:17 AM 3/8/2003, Daryle Walker wrote:

>> Try compiling libs/config/config_info.cpp and running it. The output
>> will tell you what the configuration looks like. It will identify the
>> platform, compiler, library, and the important macros defined for
>> each. Look for macros which are obviously wrong, such as
>> BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE.
>
>I can't compile the file; the BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE mistake results
>in a compilation error (which prevents running). How would I override
>this particular macro?
>
>I could preprocess the file, and here are the results, removing the
>macro printings that result two identical strings (which I think means
>that the macro isn't defined at all):

>print_macro("BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE", "=") ;

So Howard was right - BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is defined but shouldn't be.

Look at boost/config/posix_features.hpp, around line 38:

# ifndef __APPLE_CC__

// GCC strange "ignore std" mode works better if you pretend everything
// is in the std namespace, for the most part.

# define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
# endif

Note that this is inside an #if:

#if __MACH__ && !defined(_MSL_USING_MSL_C)

It looks to me like something is wrong with one or the other of these two
pieces of code. But since I know nothing of the Mac OS, I won't hazard a
guess as to the exact problem or the fix.

Mac experts?

--Beman