From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-08 09:45:25

On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 07:28 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> So Howard was right - BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is defined but shouldn't
> be.
>
> Look at boost/config/posix_features.hpp, around line 38:
>
> # ifndef __APPLE_CC__
>
> // GCC strange "ignore std" mode works better if you pretend everything
> // is in the std namespace, for the most part.
>
> # define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
> # endif
>
> Note that this is inside an #if:
>
> #if __MACH__ && !defined(_MSL_USING_MSL_C)
>
> It looks to me like something is wrong with one or the other of these
> two pieces of code. But since I know nothing of the Mac OS, I won't
> hazard a guess as to the exact problem or the fix.
>
> Mac experts?

I see in macos.hpp:

// If __MACH__, we're using the BSD standard C library, not the MSL:
#if __MACH__

That is a false statement. It was true with Pro 7, but not Pro 8. Try
this instead:

#include <utility>
// ifdef _MSL_USING_GCC_C, we're using the BSD standard C library, not
the MSL:
#ifdef _MSL_USING_GCC_C

-Howard