From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-11 17:14:43

> * The Rationale for Array-Based Streams concludes "it may have real-life
> applications." It would be a bit more satisfying if there was at least one
> example of a real-life application.

I second this. Could anybody show an example where array_stream would be
preferable to stringstream.
In other case I do not see a reason to include this component. Maybe only as
an example in .../lib/io/example

> * newl needs a bit more rationale. How is cout << newl different from
cout
> << '\n'? How is it better?

Maybe newl does not reset the manipulators? If it true it should be spelled
out explicitly. In any case I also like to see an example where newl is
preferable to << '\n'.

Gennadiy.