From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-11 21:07:39

While I realize it may be the only answer to the problems you mention,
making libraries link to the static RTL where they would normally link to
the dynamic RTL is IMHO a bad general solution. My reason for thinking this
is the problems which always seem to occur when modules mix static and
dynamic RTL routines in their linkage to other libraries. I can't prove this
always causes problems but I have seen where using either all dynamic RTL or
all static RTL when creating an executable and accompanying libraries is
always a safe run-time solution, at least as far as reusability of the RTL
is concerned.