From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 07:12:15

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Well, it was my intention then to probe the Boost community for interest
>> in the library, and my impression was it raised little impetus.
>
> Ok, well I would be interested in seeing this in boost. A
> project I am working on would have benefited from a birectional
> map and it seems like a pretty handy bit of infrastructure for
> solving some basic problems like mapping strings to ints and back.
> Perhaps others will speak up now...

It's similar for me. It's one of those things that you don't need
every day, but when you need it, you really need it. That may be why
there's not more vociferous interest. Anyhow, while bidirectional
maps are the most common case, they're not the most general:
N-directional maps, which I've sometimes needed.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting