From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 09:02:35

David Abrahams wrote:

> It's similar for me. It's one of those things that you don't need
> every day, but when you need it, you really need it. That may be why
> there's not more vociferous interest. Anyhow, while bidirectional
> maps are the most common case, they're not the most general:
> N-directional maps, which I've sometimes needed.

I'd also be interested in a 'set' of 'tuples' with a user-defined set of
'views', where a view has its own sort-criterion and its own iterators,
find-functions, etc. At least this is what I imagine but I haven't
worked on it, so I don't know whether it's a realistic approach.

Regards, Daniel

PS: And yes, *if* you need them, you really *need* them.

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology