From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 11:27:10

At 06:18 AM 3/12/2003, Geurt Vos wrote:

>> >Hi,
>> >Is there any reason boost::filesystem::path doesn't
>> >provide a swap(path &) function? If there is, I think
>> >the docs should explain why, but if there isn't, well,
>> >can it still be implemented before 1.30.0 goes gold?
>>
>> Let me turn the question around and ask what your
>> expectations would be for
>> a swap member beyond what is already offered by std::swap?
>>
>> No throw guarantee?
>>

>Yes. That is, this is the main (or actually only)
>reason for asking.

OK, I've added it to do-list.htm.

I don't want to try to add it for 1.30.0 - it's too late at this point.

If you want to send me a patch, feel free!

--Beman

PS: In researching this, I found that the C++ standard seemed to indicate
that basic_string::swap() did not give the expected guarantee not to throw.
I've raised the issue with the committee, as it looks to me like a defect.
Of course, the defect might just be in my expectation for
basic_string::swap().