From: Geurt Vos (g.vos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 06:18:50

> >Hi,
> >Is there any reason boost::filesystem::path doesn't
> >provide a swap(path &) function? If there is, I think
> >the docs should explain why, but if there isn't, well,
> >can it still be implemented before 1.30.0 goes gold?
>
> Let me turn the question around and ask what your
> expectations would be for
> a swap member beyond what is already offered by std::swap?
>
> No throw guarantee?

Yes. That is, this is the main (or actually only)
reason for asking.

> More efficient?

I guess with a swap member, you kind of get this for free.
With filesystem::path I consider this a non-issue, though.
I mean, the time a possible extra copy takes is negligible
to retrieving a directory listing or parsing a config file
(opened using filesystem::ifstream).

> Or are you asking that filesystem::path satisfy more container
> requirements?

No, a no throw 'swap' will suffice...
I mean, except for swap, filesystem::path
is complete enough for what I use it for.
So I obviously also don't really care about
other requirements (looking at it from a
user point of view).

Geurt