From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 20:44:51

At 07:40 PM 3/12/2003, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>The recent patch to lexical_cast.hpp causes problems under Mac OS X/gcc
>3.2.2.
>The error message appears at the top of:
>
>http://cci.lbl.gov/boost/results/1047512220/dailylog_coral_test
>
>.../boost/boost/lexical_cast.hpp:92: `wstring'
> undeclared in namespace `std'
>
>This worked before:
>
>http://cci.lbl.gov/boost/results/1047490620/dailylog_coral_test
>
>(There are some other unrelated problems on this platform.)

The same code also caused problems for Win32 GCC, Intel, and VC++ 6.0. I've
added a quick fix for lexical_cast.hpp line 92, which cleared a lot of the
problems, but not all of them.

See
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32-RC_1_30_0-diff.html
AFAIK, all the new fails are because of lexical_cast.hpp use.

I've already privately emailed Kevlin and Terje, but given time zone
differences they may not see the messages right away.

This sort of last minute snafu reinforces Ralf's earlier message; it really
isn't good software development practice to sit on changes for months, and
then try to get them working after a branch for release.

--Beman