From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 06:02:19

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Just today, somebody was not able to find a way to subscribe to Boost.Build
> mailing list (jamboost_at_[hidden]). I recall it's not the only
> domain-specific mailing list. There's boost-documentation, there's ml for
> Spirit, and, IIRC, for Boost.Python. I think it would be good to add
> information about additional list.
>
> I think that "index.html" will list "Domain-specific" under "Boost
> (Developers)" and "Boost Users", and mailing_lists.html will contain
> all further information.
>
> Is this good idea? If so, I'll go ahead and add Boost.Build ml and hopefully
> others add more.

A general question: Is it really desirable to have separate mailing
lists? Maybe it's just me, but I prefer one mailing list for all
discussions. Of course there are discussions I don't follow, but
sometimes, you see things in an unrelated thread that can be used for
the stuff you are interested in. These synergy-effects are not available
when the lists are separated. I don't really bother the higher volume.
IMHO two lists should work: One for general discussion and one which
only has announcements for those people that are only interested in new
stable versions. In the discussion list, prefixes in the subject
[spirit], [lambda], [whatever] should work well and even without them a
good subject is all I need.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology