From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 13:48:17

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 10:34 AM, David Abrahams wrote:

> Howard Hinnant <hinnant_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Developers Studio is a stripped down version of CodeWarrior Pro. It
>> only has CodeWarrior for Mach-O compilers and linkers for
>> C/C++/Objective C/Objective C++.
>>
>> There is no Java support, no command line tools, no cross compilers,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This is kind of unfortunate, because it means DevStudio users won't be
> able to use parts of Boost without inventing appropriate CodeWarrior
> project files. I understand that Metrowerks has to choose its own
> marketing trade-offs, but I ask that you consider this factor.

I appreciate the suggestion. Please understand that those who make
these decisions don't read the boost list. I can forward your
suggestion. But it will have a significantly greater impact if those
who make the decisions hear it straight from customers. This is easy
to do at:

http://www.metrowerks.com/mw/about/contact.htm

-Howard