From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-14 08:59:46

jeff ha escrito:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:07:54 -0600, David B. Held wrote
>
> > I'd say 6 or 7 people expressing interest is more than enough to justify
> > Boostifying the code at this stage.
>
> I agree. Since you have written an article which clearly describes
> the concept and provides an example it seems to me that you should
> be able to as for preliminary review from interested parties before
> you boostify the documentation.

OK, so how I ask for preliminary review? Posting a mail here?
I don't really know how to start this process, whether some formality
is required or not.

[stuff deleted]

> > Also, it looks like the early consensus is that multi-key/value
> > support is desired, so I think we should have a good look at your
> > implementation/design to see if it is general enough.
>
> While a few folks have asked for this, it is up to you if you really want to
> take on the additional burden. Submitting, going thru the review, porting and
> maintaining a boost library is a huge amount of effort. While I think a
> generic multi-key container would be really cool, it is up to you to accept
> that scope. I, for one, would rather see a good bi-directional map sooner
> rather than waiting for a more general solution. I honestly can't think of a
> case where I would have needed the more general solution and I there is always
> a complexity tradeoff.

To the best of my knowledge, it is very difficult to fit an n-key container, where

n>2, into the interface of a map. IMHO such a container resembles more a set
(I'm slowly working on this BTW). So, I guess I'll try to Boost this alone.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo