From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-16 19:50:45

At 01:57 AM 3/16/2003, Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:

>Ok, I finally got all the junk straightened out. got a clean update for
>the RC instead of the mainline, and guess what?
>It looks like it cannot find ANY functions that purportedly are defined
in
>filesystem.
>
>oh, compiler VC7.1
>

>------ Build started: Project: SimpleSL, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

>Compiling...
>main.cpp
>Linking...
>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class
>std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
>std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
boost::filesystem::path::leaf(void)const

The regression tests convenience_test, operators_test, and path_test are
still passing and not getting link errors for VC++ 7.1 final beta, and for
virtually all other compilers tested on all other platforms. There have
been no changes to the test setup for these particular tests for a long
time.

Beyond the regression tests, other uses of this library using a VC++
solution are also still working fine.

All that leads me to think there is something amiss in your setup.

HTH,

--Beman