From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-17 06:34:57

At 01:38 AM 3/17/2003, Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:

>I finally got simple_ls to compile and link.
>
>The build now correctly builds two libraries (one release, one debug) and

>if you point to the right place (shouldn't there be some way to marshall
>the libraries instead of leaving them scattered throughout the build
>area?).

Yes, but the problem is non-trivial. There is a whole mailing list devoted
to trying to solve the "install" problem. See
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-install

>You also, with VC++, need to know what parameters were used in the code
>generation options, or you'll get some weird looking "multiple defines".
>These parameters are
>for release: Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)
>for debug: Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)

Yes, but that's a general build issue that applies to all built libraries.
It should really be reported to the jamboost_at_[hidden] mailing list.

Thanks,

--Beman