From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-17 17:48:47

At 05:01 PM 3/17/2003, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>> The patch to is_class would work if is_function could be called with
>> a reference, so I think it's worth to consider fixing is_function. As
>> John is the expert, I think he can decide whether it's better to wait
>> for the SourceForge-folks to fix he lock-problem or if it's easy
>> enought (and thus faster) to fix is_function...
>
>If it was easy enough it would be fixed long before the release. In any
>case, I would be strongly opposite to sticking in a new implementation
>just now. It's bad enough "the patch" got us delayed for more than a
>day.

Aleksey has done the revert and the tests that were failing are now
passing.

AFAICS, the only outstanding issue is lexical_cast on g++ 2.95.x causing
date_time library failures.

As soon as that is dealt with, we will release. In the meantime, no other
changes should be made to RC_1_30_0 please.

Thanks,

--Beman