From: Gottfried.Ganssauge_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-03-18 10:05:07

On my Linux system I'm using the gcc toolset for all my boost work.
Recently I had to use a different version of gcc which is installed under a
different name.
Ok, I thought, time to use set the GXX and GCC Variables in order to use
that different gcc version.

Here's what I tried (I'm using bash as my shell):
1.) GXX=g++-2.95 GCC=gcc-2.95 bjam -d2
To my surprise I saw that gcc-C++-action is still using g++

2.) bjam -sGXX=g++-2.95 -sGCC=gcc-2.95 bjam -d2
This one also won't use my different gcc version.

The only thing that worked was a modification of gcc-tools.jam.
The boost version I'm using is RC_1_30_0 drawn from the CVS this noon.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Gottfried