From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-21 05:58:45

Darren Cook wrote:

> I wanted something like the call stack that shows in python or java when an
> uncaught exception occurs; if you're also suggesting a snapshot of local
> vars/parameters then I'll be in heaven and may never need to fire up a
> debugger again :-).

This is exactly NOT what I am interested in though!! For me this is a
function of debugger/tools. I specifically want to build up context for
a human-readable message to explain why some process failed to the user
of the software.

The difference is error-handling as opposed to bug-tracking, and it
could be there are two libraries (maybe relying on a common subset of
behaviour) lurking here. I'm not sure which of these two problems
Trevor was proposing to address, but think it is important such a
distinction is made early.

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom