From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-19 19:17:20

> I would love boost to provide an exception class/framework/something
> with this capability to encourage collection of context information,
> which would make problem diagnosis so much easier.
>
> Perhaps I could relate some of my experience and put some ideas up
> for discussion?

I'm interested (in fact I nearly posted a message yesterday asking if there
was already anything that did this).

I wanted something like the call stack that shows in python or java when an
uncaught exception occurs; if you're also suggesting a snapshot of local
vars/parameters then I'll be in heaven and may never need to fire up a
debugger again :-).

Darren