From: vc (vcotirlea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-21 12:06:08

Hi all,

I'm using the boost version 1.30 release, on Win2k and the VC7.1 compiler.

I'm porting a big application from Unix to Windows. Because for all the
modules within this app I created
a VC++ workspace I would like to do the same for the thread library from
boost.

For this I did the following steps:
1) Create with VC7.1 a "Static library" application without "Precompiled
header"
2) Add to this lib the source files (from boost_1_30_0\libs\thread\src):
3) Set the right paths of the project for finding the includes
4) Build the lib

My questions/problems are:

1) Are ok the above steps that I have done? Is it ok that I created it as a
static lib (this is how I would
like to have it)?

2) Are there any preprocessor flags that I have to add to the project? If
yes from where can I
find out which should I set?

3) I got a lot of warnings like: "xtime.cpp(75) : warning C4273:
'boost::xtime_get' : inconsistent dll linkage". Actually there are
119 warnings like this one (C4273 and C4275).
Why do I get these warnings? Is there a way to eliminate them? Should I be
worried about them?

4) Actually I'm using the thread lib from boost, just because it seems that
it is used by spirit when adding the
"SPIRIT_THREADSAFE" flag.
Looking a little through the boost source files comments I saw that by
default the Windows native threads are used.
But the threads created specifically by the application are posix threads so
for them I used the pthread-win32 lib.
Can I have problems because there will be both types of threads?

I hope that somebody can help me on these issues ...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Viv