From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-21 13:58:12

Beman Dawes said:
> At 01:11 PM 3/21/2003, Neal D. Becker wrote:
>
> >I have built SRPMS for RH8 for boost1.30.0. They required just minor
> modifications to the spec files. Where should I upload them?
>
> Should that be part of the regular Boost distribution, and thus live in
> CVS? If so, would you be willing to maintain it?
>
> Sorry if that is a completely dumb question - I have no knowledge of
> what an SRPM is, and only a vague second-hand knowledge of RPM.

Until we have a more formal installation solution, I think the SRPM's spec
file should reside in CVS. It would also be nice to have other
installation options as well, such as Debian packages (sorrry, not totally
familiar with the terminology to use), BSD ports, Gentoo ports, Windows
installers, etc. We just need champions willing to submit and maintain
each of these.

Before anything's actually added, however, maybe we should discuss things
a bit either here or on the Boost Install list.

--
William E. Kempf