From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-22 07:15:08

Alisdair Meredith wrote:
> Russell Hind wrote:
>

>>I had the same problem with C++Builder 6 when first using the filesystem
>>library. The default builds for filesystem are single threaded. If
>>your application is multi-threaded, then you need to re-build the
>>filesystem library with multi-threading (it uses mutexes somewhere (I
>>think from smart_ptr but can't remember)).
>

> That is certainly a poor default choice for the borland compiler. The
> 'typical' borland user will be using the shipped VCL class library, and
> this is requires MT builds. Single-threaded is an exceptional
> condition, rather than the norm, on this platform.
>
> If MT builds are not to be global defaults, could we at least patch the
> jam files to use multithreading on Borland?

I would like both single and multi-threaded to be built for all
libraries by default. But at minimum, would like an easy way to find
out which libraries are affected my multi-threading. These are:

signals
filesystem
thread (obviously)

The only library I've used that isn't is

date_time

Not sure on regex, but I think its makefiles build all the possible
versions so it isn't so much of an issue.

Russell