From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-22 07:15:47

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 09:05 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
> Matthias Troyer <troyer_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> When trying to compile the filesystem library with KAI C++ we
>> encounter a problem in
>> boost/type_traits/is_base_and_derived.hpp
>
> Uh, wait...
>
>> It seems that the workaround is needed also for KCC, since otherwise
>> we get the error message
>>
>> line 126: error:
>> expression must have (pointer-to-) function type
>> BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT(bool, value =
>>

>> Looking at the #if before this I find:
>>
>> && !BOOST_WORKAROUND(__EDG_VERSION__, <= 238) && 0
> ^
> Where did this come from?--------------------------^

Sorry that was what I added to find the problem originally, and forgot
to remove when I realized what was going on and sent the e-mail. I
apologize for the confusion this caused. The real line is:

>> && !BOOST_WORKAROUND(__EDG_VERSION__, <= 238)

This is line 29 of boost/type_traits/is_base_and_derived.hpp

> And furthermore, the code inside #if !BOOST_WORKAROUND(...) is all
> NON-workaround code, so the workaround _is_ being used for all
> versions 238 and lower.

The version just after that #if is the one that does not compile with
KCC 4.0 . I interpreted this in the manner that this non-workaround
version does not work, and that we need the workaround version after
the #else . Do I see this incorrectly?

Matthias