From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-24 11:37:02

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have a simple class, which three interesting
> methods:
> - current
> - advance
> - eof
>
> I had a custom wrapper which converts any class which such methods (and some
> typedefs) and now I want to use iterator adaptors library. What is the best
> approach? I can roll a new policy class, of course.
>
> But I think the above set of operation is quite handy when one wants to create
> a new input iterator. The wrapped class is also close to Generator, with
> added 'eof' method. So, I wonder, if I should strive to make something
> reusable, which can be added to the library?

Sure, great idea... but please take my suggestion and try it with the
work in the sandbox. I hope that the current IA design will be
completely replaced with the new (very different) one for 1.31, and
it's important to have as many proofs-of-concept as possible to make
sure we got the interface right.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting