From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-25 07:46:27

>Hi All,
[snip]
>Thorsten, was the error you observed on intel 7 related to this one?

Unfortunately not. The program I'm trying to compile is this:

#include <boost/random.hpp>
#include <ctime>

using namespace boost;
using namespace std;
typedef lagged_fibonacci607 base_generator_type;
base_generator_type ´ generator( time( 0 ) );
uniform_01<base_generator_type> uni( generator );

Yesterday I actually gave up because the error was just too wierd:
apparently something as simple as a typedef and
a pointer to a class could not compile.

Since I saw your new mail, I gave it a try again and it turned out to be a
problem with templated constructors within
'lagged_fibonacci_01.hpp'.:

  template<class Generator>
  explicit lagged_fibonacci_01(Generator & gen) { init_modulus();
seed(gen); }

I don't fully understand what the real cause for the error is; I've tried to
reconstruct the error without luck.
Anyway, I guess my local copy of the file will just have those two lines
commented out.

regards

Thorsten