From: Lapshin, Kirill (Kirill.Lapshin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-25 13:59:38

Dawes, Beman wrote:

>>Defining this macro prior to including any boost headers solves the
>>problem ...

>In my local working copy, I added:
># define BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS
>to visualc.hpp.

>While that changed the error messages somewhat, random_demo and random_test

>are still failing.

>When you say adding the macro "solves the problem", exactly what tests are
>fixed? Or did you also make some other fixes too? Did you try other
>regression tests?

My bad, I was referring to my project. Adding that define made it compile
and pass all unit tests. I tried random_test and you are right, it is still
failing, in another place though. I fixed it by replacing

  std::vector<int>::const_iterator it = v.begin();
  URNG urng3(it, v.end());

with

  std::vector<int>::const_iterator it = v.begin();
  std::vector<int>::const_iterator it_end = v.end();
  URNG urng3(it, it_end);

in two places and now it compiles but fails to link.

I don't have time at the moment, will look into it tonight. I will try to
fix all the tests and submit patches to the list.

- Kirill