From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-25 11:54:51

Thomas Becker <tmbecker1_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Thanks for your comments on the combining iterator.
>
>> David Abrahams wrote: It's a wonderful idea, Thomas!
>> You might look at the Boost sandbox; Jeremy Siek, Thomas Witt and I
>> are trying to finalize the work in the boost/iterator and
>> libs/iterator directories to replace the current iterator adaptors
>
> Thanks for your kind words. I'll play with the sanbox stuff. Is the
> main purpose there to incorporate better iterator categories?

That, and to make it MUCH easier to create adapted iterators, and to
make it possible to add arbitrary constructors to iterators, and to
clean up the whole "extra state goes in the policies" fiasco, and...

Basically, as good and useful as the original iterator adaptors design
was, we eventually realized we could do WAY better.

> Anyway, I won't take any further action until all that has settled
> down.

That's not hugely in flux anymore. It should be fairly safe to work
with, having confidence that you won't have to completely throw out
what you've done later.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting