From: Lapshin, Kirill (Kirill.Lapshin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 00:02:29

Lapshin, Kirill wrote:

>I don't have time at the moment, will look into it tonight. I will try to
>fix all the tests and submit patches to the list.

Please find attached patch which makes random compile and pass random_test
on msvc6.
It fixes random_demo and random_speed as well. Nondetermenistic tests seemed
to be designed for linux only and statistic_test fails due to lack of
lgamma.

Basically I made one change:
< #ifndef BOOST_NO_OPERATORS_IN_NAMESPACE

---
> #if !defined(BOOST_NO_OPERATORS_IN_NAMESPACE) &&
!defined(BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS)
to following files(line):
uniform_01.hpp(43)
exponential_distribution.hpp(42)
normal_distribution.hpp(48)
xor_combine.hpp(70)
uniform_smallint.hpp(124)
Also I had to tweak tests a little. I am supplying a Jamfile, which is not
exactly correct, because it attempts to compile all cpps as unit tests,
while only random_test is a test, everything else are mere demos. It makes
more sense to compile them via exe rule, but I did not manage to make it
work.
Given that boost.random does not have an active maintainer, who could take a
look into this?
-Kirill