From: vc (vcotirlea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 06:42:00

----- Original Message -----
From: "William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]>

> vc said:
> >> As for the warnings themselves... I'm still doing more research just
> >> to be 100% sure, but everything I've found thus far indicates you can
> >> ignore these warnings as long as you link against the same RTL in both
> >> the Boost.Threads DLL and the application. After I verify this, I'll
> >> remove the warnings through the use of pragmas.
> >
> > So, is it ok if for the boost.thread dll and for the app I will use the
> > /MT flag (multi-threaded)
> > instead of /MD (multi-threaded dll) that you are using when building
> > with bjam?
>
> According to what I'm reading about these warnings, no, that wouldn't be a
> good idea. However, you can build against the static RTL easy enough. In
> the $BOOST_ROOT/libs/thread/build directory issue the following bjam
> command:
>
> bjam -sBUILD="<runtime-link>static"

Doing so, the boost.thread will be build with the /MTd flag (for debug).
This is exactly
what you said that it won't be a good idea, right? Or am I missing something
here?

If this is not such a good idea (building the boost.thread dll with the /MT
flag) what
else can I do, as I have my app depending on tons of libs that are already
built with /MT flag
meaning that all the modules should be built with the same flag (if you mix
the modules with
the /MT flag and /MD flag, the final app will have links errors) ?

Thanks,
Viv