From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-25 14:37:39

vc said:
>> As for the warnings themselves... I'm still doing more research just
>> to be 100% sure, but everything I've found thus far indicates you can
>> ignore these warnings as long as you link against the same RTL in both
>> the Boost.Threads DLL and the application. After I verify this, I'll
>> remove the warnings through the use of pragmas.
>
> So, is it ok if for the boost.thread dll and for the app I will use the
> /MT flag (multi-threaded)
> instead of /MD (multi-threaded dll) that you are using when building
> with bjam?

According to what I'm reading about these warnings, no, that wouldn't be a
good idea. However, you can build against the static RTL easy enough. In
the $BOOST_ROOT/libs/thread/build directory issue the following bjam
command:

bjam -sBUILD="<runtime-link>static"

I used to build against both RTLs, but that just makes testing more
difficult, while it's easy enough for users to specify the build variants
they prefer using the above.

--
William E. Kempf